Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A New Year

In keeping with the tradition of resolutions, I have made a few knitting resolutions for myself.

1. Keep up with my blog. Maybe a weekly post would be good vs every few months.
2. Finish up some of my projects. I do not have many UFOs (unfinished objects) but I have lots of yarn for new projects.
3. Clean up my yarn supply and donate yarns I am not going to use.
4. Learn a new knitting techinique (I have not done much with color work and I would like to learn how to knit in the Continental style).
5. Clean up and inventory my supplies. This is huge. I have so many various places to store needles that I need to keep better track of everything.

That is it. It is a lot but some of these things can be done in a weekend or two. Plus it will help me clean up my closets :).

Right now I am working on a lovely black ribbed hat for my hubby. I did too much knitting yesterday that I need to take a few days rest. Have a very sore shoulder and elbow. I was hoping to have the hat finished before Thursday, but it looks like the hat will be traveling to Antigua with me. Not too bad for a winter hat to have a a beach vacation. I will likely need to bring another project too in case I finish the hat.

Other things I am doing now include getting a much needed break from grad school and getting used to my new job. I am slowly getting myself setttled in. It is definately not my dream job but will do for the time being. I am also celebrating my 2 year wedding anniversary in 6 days. Time does fly by. Well, that is all for now. My next entry will be after my little vacation, hope we have a great time!

No comments: