Monday, January 21, 2008

It can't get any worse

Ah how my January is turing out to be one of the worst months. On a positive note I did do one round of knitting today. Just taking it slow. My grandfather passed away the weekend before this one. I really didn't think this month could get much worse but it has. He had been ill for a while and at 85 had lived a good life, but it is very weird to not have this person in my life anymore. I cannot come to terms with deleting his phone number from my cell phone so it is going to stay there just a little bit longer. At least I have very good memories that make me laugh and cry at the same time. I think the strangest part of everything was going back to work on Monday after it happened. I was explaining to a friend (who recently lost her father to cancer) how it is so strange that while your life has been altered everything else around you is the same. People at work, work related problems, traffic, television shows, mail, etc... It is difficult to explain but you feel sort of in a "twilight zone." My cold is sort of improving now and my shoulder has been feeling better. So, I think health-wise I may be on the mend. I just hope that Feb is a better month!

No comments: