Monday, May 08, 2006

First time blogging




Well this would be my first blogging effort. Hopefully, it will be fun! Right now I am working on my second sock of my first pair of socks. Of course, Kandi (my dog) got to the first of the sock pair and chewed the cuff, ugh!!!!! This is the second project of mine that she decided to contribute to. The first project was a hat from Hats, Gloves, Scarves by Louisa Hardening. I had just finished and was going to sew the seam and she got to it over night, chewed the top and chewed my bamboo needles. Needless to say I had to purchase another ball of yarn and refinish the top. Good think she is so cute :). Other projects I have made are: scarves, of course, poncho, capelet, hats, and mittens. I have not designed any of my own work yet. Still learning how to knit and just getting the courage to do more involved projects. I am becoming a whiz on double pointed needles and find that they are fun! I have a great knitting group made up of my coworkers. We try to get together after work at a local bakery and cafe to knit. One of these days we will make it to the SNB at the MCA. Well that's all for now. Gotta go work on my sock!!!!

No comments: